Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 50 - July 18, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 12:47 AM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Hey hey! So it’s been our first full week in this transfer and so far we have had a lot of success with our area. Its Elder Witehira’s last transfer so I will be the one to kill him off:) But we have been working really hard and so far we have really seen the success. We have heard of 3 kids that want to be baptized, 2 unmarried parents that want to be married in the church, and have been seeing the progression in our 2 investigators. Ha, a funny story is that we asked one of the kids why he wants to be baptized and he said its cause the Mormon church was closer than the Catholic church... grabe… ha-ha well it’s something I guess. But ya it’s been a good week. Earlier today, cause today is our p-day, we went to Kawa Kawa with the Ligao district and got to meet the 4 new sisters. They are all way chill and we played some games, had a good time, and got sunburned (only the Americanos). After we were done there we visited a member that was close by in the area of the sisters and they gave us some food:) The husband isn’t a member but he’s super nice, he’s from Germany so when he talks and speaks English its even hard for me to understand! The Filipinos try to speak to him and they just awkwardly say yes, even if it’s not a question :D But in other good news, our water is still decently strong. Its only takes us about 30 minutes each morning to restock rather than the 2 hour sessions we needed to do. The nights are getting colder and I’ve gone from a level 3 on my fan down to a 2, down to a 1, and now sometimes at night I don’t use the fan at all. But it’s hard to decide to do that cause the time you get in bed your hot and sweaty so you want the fan on but then you fall asleep and you stop sweating and it gets pretty cold so either your cold all night or hot and sweaty falling asleep.  Dang Elder Witehira is a polar bear and still uses level 3, I don’t know how he does it. Um I ain’t got a lot to say this week other than I’m doing alright:) I got more money and I’m fresh in the food department:) I’m continuing the "Elder Merrill subway substitute special" sandwich and its keeping me feeling good. Um maybe I’ll put it out there to anyone that reads my emails, if anyone reads them… ;) but if you have any questions, anything at all, embarrassing, serious, just ask me via email or tell my mom and she'll include it in her email to me. I think it’d be fun to answer questions:) Maybe you too mom, put it out there to our fam to ask me questions:) Well I’ll close now. Love y’all! Don’t forget to read and pray. And always remember... Magsis kayo!!! :D 
**Elder Merrill**

PS 3000 is about 68 $ but most of the was money from the mission or we call it our support money. We also have what’s called personal money and barely any of that was stolen. But we have money again so I think I’m good. I just need to stop being stupid with my wallet.


We took a little trip to the ocean.
We had a "branch service project" but like 5 of us showed up.
It's kind of a weird picture? But my head is supposed to be on a chopping block...
Just my bud chill-en with some more of our buds;)
Ya I'm gangster
Sorry I'm gonna overload you with pictures of these 2 :)
Found my new fav girl in the mission:) Freak I'm in love
We started playing with some special effects:)
This is a fav of mine. I don't know why:) they just think I'm like amazing or something:D
Mom, remember that coin trick you told me about it in the MTC? Ya I've mastered it and I get the Filipinos like nothing now ha-ha!
It took me so long to get her to take a legit good picture with me.
I thought I was getting pranked so I went with it, but it ended up they just wanted to put leaves in my hair.
This sister is probably my favorite girl in this whole mission! :) and were batch!
Just a lil Jollibee lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see more pics and know how elder Merrill is doing. So glad he has water again. Not so sure about killing his comp. But I know that's missionary language!!love and miss him and I can see how he gets along so well with the kids there. All kids love him especially his cousins!!good message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see more pics and know how elder Merrill is doing. So glad he has water again. Not so sure about killing his comp. But I know that's missionary language!!love and miss him and I can see how he gets along so well with the kids there. All kids love him especially his cousins!!good message.

    ReplyDelete