Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 31 - March 7, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill [mailto:merrill.j@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 7:08 PM
To: Lauri Merrill <lauri.merrill@usu.edu>
Subject:

Hey mother dearest :) So this week was a little different. Not really, but a little. So it was transfer week and since I’m still training my comp we didn’t transfer so that’s normal.  But yesterday as we were studying, Elder Caranzo answered the phone from our zone leader and then he handed me the phone and the elder said, congrats on being the new District Leader for Ligao! I thought huh??? Me? Nah. But turns out, I have been called to lead the Ligao zone! Ha-ha cool ya? I know right :) Also this week I found out that you and Sister Garcia* are chatting on Facebook Messenger and that was probably the coolest thing I’ve heard of in a long time ha-ha. I’ve never had someone from my mission chat with my mom! So when I visit them I always read the texts :) Her English is so funny!! ha-ha I can’t hold back my laughs but it’s understandable which is ok. Do you understand?? So last night I heard about a myth here and it’s about a lady that cuts herself in half then fly’s around at night eating babies from a women stomach. She has a really long tongue. It’s called a "Manananggal". I’m not exactly sure what it is but that’s the basic. 

My goal now is to learn how to climb coconut trees, because it’s really common here and I want to try :) Hopefully I won’t die. So that’s it for now. I’m glad to say that my mission has so far been the best party of my life, despite the hardships, rejections, diarrhea, and heat, I love it. I grow in my faith every day and one day I know my efforts will pay off. The church is true :) see you in 17 months :) 
**Elder Merrill**

* Permission granted by Sister Garcia to publish her name and photos
Wikipedia article about the Manananggal:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manananggal

My short term replacement for Hinckley:) Yes, he only has one eye and yes, he only likes us for our food...
Just a typical dinner :)

This is Sister Garcia and her family
First FHE w/them




Sister Garcia's three daughters and one son.

Taken after church w/ the branch of TulaTula

Sister Garcia's eldest daughter



Elder Merrill says "hopefully this kiss makes it to you :)" from Sister Garcia


No comments:

Post a Comment