Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 37 - April 18, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill [mailto:merrill.j@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2016 10:36 PM
To: Lauri Merrill <lauri.merrill@usu.edu>
Subject:

Hello mom :) Hello kamusta po kayo?! So this week was a little different than it has been. Like I said in my last letter, it was transfer day so currently I have a new comp. His name is Elder Witehera and his parents are from New Zealand and he was born in Hawaii and raised in Utah. So yes, he speaks English but that’s not a good thing because I need to learn Tagalog and it’s so much easier to speak in English. But all is well. So the tradition here in Tula Tula is when there is a new missionary or a missionary leaves they throw a small party. Sometime during the party they cover the missionary with flour. So for my comp, he was ambushed and covered with purple flour and water but we have no water at our apartment so we needed to go to the river to wash up and during the time it was dark so we made a fire on the sand but things got a little out of hand and we all ended up getting wet. Good times :) so then we had the actual transfer day and I stayed in the meeting point for about 5 hours. My comp was coming from an island so he left around 4 in the morning. And as of now we’ve had a good time :) so ya it was a little hard to say goodbye but that’s the life of a missionary. Love the area, than before you know it, you’re gone. Elder Caranzo was good with hiding his feelings but I could tell he was a little sad inside. So now it’s just normal work here! We also still have no water here, it’s been about 2 weeks and fetching water gets old every morning but it’s good for me so I can lose my belly ;) um ya I’m sure dads mission was a little tougher and different circumstances but it’s a little hard here:) I have yet to eat dog, still looking! And that’s about it for me today. This church is true and I basically love my mission :)
**Elder Merrill**
The T means Tula Tula.
Our recent banana harvest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Package :) sorry garments...
Elder Caranzo's first time eating all this American stuff.
Elder Caranzo loved the "snow".
I was bored so I made a new friend and took a lot of pictures with him.
His farewell.
Sister Garcia's pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment