Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week 88 - April 10, 2017



From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 9, 2017 9:33 PM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Even if it’s a week later. It’s still amazing:) 

Ya, we had our general conference weekend the last couple days. It was in a nice, big, air-conditioned chapel and as usual, I learned a ton from it all. I think the difference from this conference, from any other general conference in my entire life, is the fact that I actually understood a lot of the references they used. The things they were talking about I could actually relate to and apply it to my life even if it wasn’t actually implied to me. It’s a blessing in the fact of the personal revelation we receive is only for us. It seems like they really focused on the God Head and how the Holy Ghost is a blessing to us if we learn to use it right. I know you all watched it and we all had things we liked so I’ll leave out all the corny things I would say but just know a lot of what was said had a really big impact on me. 
Another great thing that happened to me this week.  I started the Book of Mormon again and this time am going to make sure I understand it. Ya I’ve read it, learned, and can say I’ve finished it. But so far, I’m in 1 Nephi 6 and I’ve learned a ton. So let’s not forget to read the BOM every day. :) 
Also, my challenge to ya'll is to make commitments to follow everyone that spoke in conference. 
Love ya all! 
**Elder Merrill**
"Only dogs pee here if you act like a dog pee here you’re a dog"
The common everyday "Blessing" of respect and a marriage in the Pines
 
These are jellyfish (about the size of a softball maybe bigger?) :) and the Bulusan Volcano. 
Bridge leading to our island and then the main land on the other side. We actually found a member that lives there that was baptized in Masbate.









No comments:

Post a Comment