Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 72 - December 19, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:57 PM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Merry Christmas!! :) Well this is the week that we look forward to all year! Christmas! :D So we all know the true meaning of Christmas, we can tell people we know the meaning but it’s when we apply what we know into our lives is when it really becomes true and when we learn how to love one another more than ourselves is the real gift we'd all like to get. :) So here is a simple verse I’d like to share, it’s from John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."
I like how in the ending it says he came from the father full of grace and truth. He’s full of grace which means he can save us all if we choose to believe in him and live his teachings. So that’s just a short thought for ya:) 
As for my week leading to this Christmas, I’ve had the wonderful chance of being able to open a small gift with my comp everyday starting from the 12th and the first one was a simple scented candle and hooooly cow ha-ha its been the best thing ever! Then as the days went on we kept opening them and so far we have gotten macaroni and cheese, Chef Boyardee ravioli, and American chocolate! Ha-ha yes:) But I’m convinced my comp enjoys it all more than I do. It’s his first time trying it and even though I miss the stuff, I’ll be able to go home and keep eating it, he won’t be so lucky;) Maybe! So yes, I’m very, very grateful for a loving family that hasn’t forgotten that I eat rice everyday:) 
I made over 100 simple handmade cards for members/investigators/missionaries in my past areas and just earlier today I finished handing them all out. It took a lot of work actually but I loooved seeing their faces when they open it. Some have told me that that is the first Christmas card they have ever gotten and they love it. So if whoever reads this and doesn’t get a nice printed Christmas card from me sorry X2 ha-ha (parents did not even get one). :D But it really does feel good to give and not receive. To be honest, for me right now, I’m not sad of homesickness or that I’m away from home for the holidays but what makes me sad is when we’re walking around and I see kids running around that don’t even have a pair of shoes let alone a warm house and Christmas presents. I just want to buy the whole world and give them everything but then reality hits and you realize that isn’t so possible. So you just need to do what you can, and for us at this time it is missionary work. Eternal life right?! I don’t see anybody in the celestial kingdom with their new Mustang. The gift God gave us all really is the best thing we can get this year, but not just this year but our whole life!! It’s great. :) So for this year let’s just remember the real reason. Christmas. Christ Mas. More Christ. Mahal kita:) Maligayang Pasko sa inyo lahat mahal kita!
**Elder Merrill**







No comments:

Post a Comment