Thursday, November 24, 2016

Week 62 - October 10, 2016


From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:09 PM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Welcome back to Tabaco Zone!! Yup I’m back in my first zone, in fact I’m about 10 minutes from my first area so that means when we all went to the Tabaco chapel for General Conference (which was great) I got to see them all again:) I saw Brother Noel, the noleal family and many more. The weird thing that’s happened was when they showed up, a whole family ran to me "Elder Merrill! Elder Merrill!" and I was like Hey!? They asked me if I remembered them and I was like ummmmm yeeeeahhno. A family of 6, I guess I was the first missionary to start teaching them.  They were all baptized and they said I taught them about 3 or 4 times before I transferred so I’m pretty stoked about that:) But ya it was great! My new comp’s name is Elder Lanuza. He is Filipino and he’s been in the mission only 6 weeks longer than me, he’s also been in this area for about 7 months so he’s about done with it ha-ha. He’s not disobedient or bad, he just really wants to leave this area.  He’s actually a really hard worker and helps me concentrate with my studies.     I’m doing well:) It feels like my mission just hit a plateau though. Nothing really new to talk about and this area is actually pretty boring and has like no progress. And yes I’m happy:) Good apartment no problem there. I’ve gotten skinnier, not from being sick but I’ve stopped eating rice a lot. Very happy and it rains a lot, also the Mayon which I am very close to is really smoking lately and I guess on the opposite side last week it had a small burst or something? Sorry to keep it short, I don’t have the keyboard memorized and about 3/4 of the letters are just black keys and I’m getting very uneasy retyping this stuff 30 times over, plus I got sunburned ha-ha. So yun lang:) Love you all! 
**Elder Merrill**

No comments:

Post a Comment