Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 69 - November 28, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 8:23 PM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. :) We didn’t do much celebrating of it here because I guess it’s just not a thing? ha-ha But hopefully I’ll get to enjoy just a little taste from home this week, thanks to the best mom in the world. ;) So as of my week, I don’t have a lot I could say that happened worth typing but it was a good week all in all. :) Lots of tracting and lots of rain! It’s even cold at night where sometimes I don’t need to sleep with an electric fan! Lucky me. So in time of the seasons maybe I’ll just list a few things I’m thankful for. So I’m thankful for a wonderful loving caring family; Mom, Dad, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, Grandmas and Grandpas. Family really is the best thing someone can have in this life. As missionaries our very first approach is to teach about the importance of families so it must mean something. Shout out to all my Fam wherever you are. :) Another thing I’m grateful for in the chance we have to learn to love one another. Sometimes it’s hard to love other people but like Mark 12:31 says, we need to love our neighbor. Along with this is the chance to develop our Christ-like attributes. We literally can’t go on in this life if we don’t develop those attributes. So far in my mission, I haven’t seen many baptisms but that’s not the point, to count, for me personally I’m proud of what I’ve become. With my patience, humility, virtue, etc. If you put the 15 months ago Elder Merrill in one hand and the current Elder Merrill in the other. It’s like day and night the difference. (Not to brag) ;) Another thing I’m thankful for is the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Without him and what he did for us we would be lost. Never take repentance out of the picture! Some other smaller (but really big) things I’d like to say I’m thankful for is running water, warm running water, home cooked meals, fresh clean foods, transportation, law enforcers, and SNOW. We shouldn’t only remember the things we have until we don’t have them. Let me tell ya, warm clean running water coming from a shower head has not been seen or felt by this guy in over a year. Some more things I’d like to give thanks for, The GREAT MOUNT MAYON. Man waking up every morning and seeing that crazy thing is one sight I’m never going to forget. Last night as we were coming home it was a clear night and we looked up at it and we saw 2 lights, one near the bottom, and one near the top. At that time, we realized it possible to be climbed. Some members told us it is possible. From last night, I’ve made a new life goal. Climb the Mount Mayon. Another thing is fresh fruit; bananas, mangos, coconut, pili nut, rambutan, lanzones, langka, guyabano. I could go on and on but man, picking a fresh mango off the tree and eating is another thing I won’t forget! So one last thing I’m thankful for is a living prophet. Prophet Thomas S. Monson really has been called of God to lead and guide this church. ​"​He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. " Isaiah 40:29-31. Yes, he is reaching an old state in his life but the power of the spirit is just as strong. ​So to wrap it all up I’ll just say that we should always be thankful for what we have. I’ve seen it first hand and continue to see it every day that not everybody is blessed with what we have. Don’t forget our Savior and what He has done for us. So that'll be all now:) Love you all and don’t forget to read (personally and as a family) and pray (personally and as a family) and always magsisi :)
**Elder Merrill**

I found a new friend he calls me his grandson, ha

No comments:

Post a Comment