Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 70 - December 5, 2016



From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2016 10:25 PM
To: Lauri Merrill
Subject:

Hey hey:) Well happy Thanksgiving to us!! :) We got the package that was sent (shipped in August arrived at office in October) and it was a little late but all in all I was able to have turkey. :) Me and my comp were planning on saving it for Christmas day but then I got a call about an elder in my district not doing so good so I made an exchange day and that night I cooked it all and served it to the 3 other Filipinos sleeping in the apartment that night. At first I was worried they wouldn't like it because it had no rice but then as they ate it they were in heaven! We all had an equal portion size of all the food and I was the last one to finish! I was like... uh... ha-ha then they said now they understand how we live on the food we eat because they say they can’t survive without rice but now they know. ;) And even better, the next Sunday was fast Sunday so we started our fasts FULL. So as it has been since September, the Christmas spirit is so strong right now! Unlike last year where I was more worried about myself having a good Christmas, this year I’m loving it. It's cold (not needing a fan) at night and the sleep is great! Our next door neighbors have their house decorated with flashing lights and they are on all night so that’s cool. :) But then again we always need to remember that true reason for Christmas, to celebrate the birth of our Savior. And at the same time, we should enjoy it also. :) So sorry my email won’t be as jolly as last week because I got a few more things I need to do at the time so that basically sums up my week other than the missionary work, which is doing good if you’re wondering, not any huge miracles. OH. President Bowen from the Seventy came and spoke to us, it was nice. :) We learned some deeper doctrine about the Abrahamic covenant and the covenants we make as members. It was cool. :) Well maybe I’ll close it there for now! Love you all and happy early Christmas. :)
**Elder Merrill**

We bought some sweaters and modeled because I’m going to make Christmas cards :)

We decided to eat the chocolate orange early cause from last years’ experience it went bad when Christmas came.

I’ll do anything you tell me to if you can guess her age...
she’s 28, does she not look 13???!!

No comments:

Post a Comment