Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 22 - January 4, 2016

From: Jordan Mark Merrill [mailto:merrill.j@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 10:16 PM
To: Lauri Merrill <lauri.merrill@usu.edu>
Subject: 


Hello:) So this week has been boring. Nothing new after we had our baptism, we’re still working on what to do next haha. The New Year’s here was crazy. It rained all day before, all night the day before New Year’s Eve day then all New Year’s Eve day. So all the streets were starting to flood and everyone was worried it wouldn’t stop so they couldn’t celebrate (they weren’t worried about the flooding though..?) So around 8:30 it stopped raining then it was literally like a small war was starting. But I was so tired I went to bed @ 9 and set an alarm for 11:30, but for some reason it didn’t go off. Luckily a huge firework went off outside our house to wake me up around 11:55. I hurried and ran to our roof and watched my watch countdown. I counted down in my head then had a little celebration:) The fireworks were madness. They’re not like American fireworks. They’re just basically huge bottle rockets. They explode and flash then a huge sound like a gunshot. After around 10 minutes it started raining so I went back in and went to bed:) The next day the streets were covered in old soggy fireworks, and we just continued our work. I’m still getting fat and more people are pointing it out to me, so this time I’m taking my "diet" for real. I’m going to basically starve myself:) I won’t die though hopefully. So ya that’s me:)
**Elder Merrill**

No comments:

Post a Comment