Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 23 - January 11, 2106

From: Jordan Mark Merrill <merrill.j@myldsmail.net>
Date: January 10, 2016 at 10:01:17 PM MST
Subject:


Hello po everyone! Magandang araw so inyo:) I’m about 1/4 the way done with my mission and it’s never gone by faster. So a couple experiences I’ve had serving in an Asian mission in a third world country has really humbled my heart to less fortunate people. Even though Hong Kong is so close, they don’t provide well for the Philippines. The hardest question I get asked is how big my house is. I can’t tell them it’s small because compared to the bamboo huts it’s huge. But if I say it’s big I feel way bad. It makes me scared to go home because it’s so different. But serving here has really softened my heart. I love it and I couldn't of have been sent to a better mission. Our power goes out 4 or 5 times a week and it stays out for a couple hours at a time so when we’re teaching, it makes the perfect opportunity to get the family all together around a small candle. In some weird way it invites the spirit! But it’s fun:) So my 2nd week here we tracked a guy and he told us he’s not interested in our message but he’s 100% convinced he can convert us. He tracked us down one night to our apartment and he wrote me a note about the restoration and how it’s false and in no way could that have ever happened. From that time 4 months ago, he returned to our apartment around 6:00, a couple times a week and asks for me. I go out to him and he hands me another note. So now I have about 11 notes from him explaining how the restoration of the gospel is not true. I’ve only opened 2 of them because I know if I read them, I might just doubt the truth BUT because of this man it has strengthened my testimony even more on my faith of this gospel. In a way he’s a blessing for me despite his efforts to tear me down. He’s asked for our "bible" (Book of Mormon) several times but in my gut I know not to give him one because he will go page to page finding faults (which there are none) to use against us. So that’s him, pasaway siya. But other than that the word is good:) It’s hard but fun. The sun has never been hotter, the rain has never been heavier, and the food has never been tastier;) So with that the gospel has never been truer. It’s sad to say I’m 1/4 done because I don’t want to come home. But right now I’ll do my part! haha Sorry this letter was kind of cheesy, but I just love my mission so much haha. Church is true!!! Mga dalawa. (Deuces)
**Elder Merrill**








No comments:

Post a Comment