Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 24 - January 18, 2016

From: Jordan Mark Merrill [mailto:merrill.j@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 10:35 PM
Subject: 


Hello everyone:) I just have a short thing to share with y’all. So of course the Philippines is a wet rainy country and there are tons bugs. SO in my apartment we have 2 different bathrooms and in the mornings we don’t have running water so for me, having my separate bathroom I store water in a garbage can like bin the night before. But the next day when I get to shower (using a ladle to pour it on me) I’ve been noticing there are 100’s of little worms in my water, it’s been happening for a couple months now and because we don’t have running water and I really need to shower I’ve been using the wormy water... gross I know BUT I learned that... They’re mosquito larva. The mosquitos lay their eggs in my bathing water during the night and they slowly grow. Then ya ... So I learned recently I need to cover my bathing water. Easy right? I know... ha so I fixed my gross problem of bathing in mosquito larva infested water to using clean fresh water :) sometimes the shower head works but its dang freezing cold water so it’s not fun ha. Other than that I’m doing well :) I’m 6 months now and transfers are this week. I’m kind of hoping to transfer because I’ve been in the area for my whole mission so far pero masaya ako :) Love ya all!!
**Elder Merrill**





























 


This is a huge brick Catholic church and every Sunday they gather for their mass. The town goes empty and its crazy to see how many people come out after the mass is done. But its a dang cool church.


No comments:

Post a Comment